The Business Membership Services Coordinator is a research and sales support position for new business development (new TCB corporate memberships). Being an independent and hard-working professional, responsibilities include researching of companies and executives and following up with executives and assistants to schedule meetings for the new business development Director.
Success in the position requires the person to possess strong organizational and writing skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision. A grasp of sales strategy as well as a high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills is also necessary.
The BMS Coordinator reports to the Manager, Business Membership Operations.
- Research and identify potential leads for the NBD Director, determining the best strategy to gain entry to a company
- Send emails, follow ups, and make phone calls to schedule appointments for the NBD Director including confirming all appointments
- Send and follow up on all invoices to ensure prompt payment when a new member joins
- Be able to have an initial conversation about The Conference Board membership, products and services
- Ensures that the sales contacts are professional, effective and appropriate for facilitating the member company’s involvement with TCB
- Pull relevant leads reports consistently and per request of NBD Director, and then further qualifying and researching leads those leads
- Enters notes into database per request of NBD Director
- Prepare pre-meeting briefings for the NBD Director
- Prepare post-meeting follow up for prospects per the NBD Director, such as determining the best research to send or preparing a customized overview of The Conference Board
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Qualification and Requirements
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Highly organized and detail oriented; Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills.