The primary function of the MSC role is to encourage the contacts in their assigned territories to take advantage of their company's membership benefits (products and services). As a part of the territory strategy that the DAS develops, the MSC will develop a supporting MSC Engagement Plan. The MSC Engagement Strategy will be to develop all the contacts within their territories; to respond to all customer requests in an accurate and timely fashion; and by ensuring that the appropriate sales collateral is used to support the department goal of moving all members to guideline. The MSC's role will also provide revenue achievement support for their assigned territories. Below are brief descriptions of the major categories for which this role is responsible.
The Member Services Coordinator reports to the Manager of Associate Service and he/she works directly with the Directors of Associate Service to support new business development and member servicing activities.
Principal Direct Activities
- Face to face with members at conferences.
- Supporting DAS member engagement efforts.
- Respond to customers who proactively touch us using template letters.
- MSC Engagement Plan Development and Implementation:
a) Contact Analysis using Excel
b) Utilization Analysis using Excel
c) Develop and implement and implement Engagement Plan
(which is a strategically targeted plan to reach out to
contacts via targeted emails, phone calls and conference
- Finalizing and tailoring new member on-boarding letters
- Target, solicit, design and give web tours.
Revenue Achievement Support
Using the department's prescribed renewal process ensures that invoices are sent out on time with approved pricing with a package that summarizes and displays member activity in a compelling way. Gather and assemble member activity in appropriate medium (PowerPoint/Excel) that displays member activity in a compelling way.
Using the department's prescribed delinquent process ensures that all invoices are followed up on in a timely fashion and that all key stakeholders are kept apprised of the status of the delinquents.
- Territory Planning
Ensure that their territory increases are always accurately reflected in the Forecasting system while keeping all stakeholders apprised of any increase that does not support the departments FY14 goal of moving all members to guideline.
- Facilitate Monthly Meeting - Schedule via outlook; send out invites (audio & Visual; Adobe & zipdx); assemble presentation, facilitate call
- Answer customer inquiries; update database and forward to correct person/dept. to get an answer to the member in a timely fashion.
- Database Maintenance & Updating - Keeping contact records up to date.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a strong interest in Marketing
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- A plus if majored in Business Mgmt. or Marketing
- Be proactive;
- Have good attention for details;
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Have good organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Be able to exercise good judgment.
- Be a team player with a customer service mentality.
- Be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must.
- Familiarity with various telecommunication software (ZipDX, Skype) and Adobe a plus
- Familiarity with Hoovers, Capital IQ, Datamonitor and various company websites a plus.