Executive Assistant to the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and Vice President, Human Resources
The Executive Assistant to the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, and to the Vice President of Human Resources, is responsible for a broad range of activities involving the Trustees, Voting Members, the Management Committee, Associates, non-Associates, staff members and independent contractors.
Reports to both the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, and the Vice President of Human Resources.
Principal Direct Activities
Daily Administrative Responsibilities:
- Manages calendars of both Executives to balance their efficiency and accessibility to those both within and outside the organization. Anticipates materials, technology resources and security needed for meetings. (Calendars)
- Handles incoming phone calls and correspondence, identifying critical items for action. Quickly prioritizes and initiates preliminary materials needed by each Executive. Is familiar with the unique aspects of each Executive’s department and responsibilities to effectively process incoming information. (Communications)
- Responsible for a variety of administrative duties including timely preparation of Executives’ expense reports; and the payment of invoices (e.g., law firms, legal contractors, etc.), scaning and electronic filing of documents; tracks department budgets; co-ordinates travel arrangements; prepares correspondence, reports, agendas; produces high-quality presentations. (Administration).
- Interacts with Accounting Department on Executives’ expense reports and processing of all invoices.
- Provides technological support on an on-going basis; uses internet-based meeting programs; is familiar with TCB proprietary programs; is able to arrange calls and webcasts in conference rooms or from the desk and is an intermediate user of Microsoft Office to support the work of both Executives. (Technology)
- Is the public face of each Executive and responds to those inside and outside the organization with professionalism and integrity. Is discreet and understands the personnel, organizational and legal impacts of the information they handle. (Public Interaction)
- Interacts well and coordinates efforts with the CEO and other Senior Executives within the organization. (Senior Executives) Provides back-up support for other administratrive assistants on an as needed basis.
- Maintains contact and tearm information regarding several key constituents for the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary: members of the Board of Trustees, and Voting Members of the Corporation.
- Sees that all matters requiring attention in the absence of the Executives are handled or referred to the proper person within the Legal or Human Resources Departments or the organization.
- Co-ordinates the schedule and locations for Board of Trustee Meetings, Board of Director and Shareholder meetings for TCB India; and meetings of the Board of Directors and Shareholder meetings for TCB Singapore. Responsible for organizing and disseminating extensive materials for these meetings.
- Serve as support and coordinator for members of the Legal Department, including scheduling meetings, conference calls, and providing administrative support. Is part of the team coordinating week-long Performance and Development Review meetings, as well as in-house training and various other programs.
- Available to quickly assist in urgent matters such as time-sensitive issues that come up in both the Legal and Human Resources departments.
- Regularly prepares materials that are used organization-wide. Trains staff on new systems and programs coming from the HR and Legal departments. Develops a cost-effective system to improve on-going processes such as Legal Permissions and In-House Meetings and carries these systems through implementation.
- Prepares Power Point presentations using the TCB standard format for meetings both internally and externally.
Retainer Agreements Manager for the Organization:
- Primary staff member for the management and organization of all Retainer Agreements with outside consultants. Review contracts for administrative accuracy, e.g., proper use and updating of exhibits and schedules, and provide guidance to TCB staff for which Schedules and Exhibits to prepare. Tracks all Retainer Agreements from preparation to full execution and filings of same.
- Co-ordinates an efficient system for TCB staff to prepare contracts working across departments including HR, Legal and IT. Trains all users throughout the organization in the US, Europe, India and Asia to learn the process and use the system correctly
Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The incumbent will be expected to devote two-thirds of his/her time to the SVP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, and remaining one-third of her/his time to the Vice President of Human Resources.
- College graduate or equivalent
- Experience in similar position is highly desirable
- Organized and detail oriented
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing needs and time pressures
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers as well as senior executives
- Ability to anticipate needs and proactively offer solutions
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Working knowledge of the internet and technology skills
- Strong typing skills
- Proofing and editing skills
- Proficiency in MicroSoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Outlook