The Account Developer is a polished, well-educated, confident and articulate professional whose role is to present, and sell The Conference Board’s portfolio of high quality events and conferences to mid-senior business leaders at the more than 2000 existing TCB Member organizations.
Success in the position requires the Developer to possess enthusiasm, integrity as well as a motivation to achieve the revenue and other account-specific targets set by TCB management. Good written communication skills as well as an excellent customer oriented attitude are essential qualifications.
Reports to the Audience Development Manager but may take assignments from department managers as approved by the Executive Director of Engagement – Economies, Markets & Value Creation or Marketing Director
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for generating new business and increasing share-of-customer from more than 2000 existing conference board member organizations.
- Develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, coordinating groups and closing sales.
- Responsible for achieving personal sales target and account targets.
- Responsible for achieving sales KPIs (including but not limited to account contacts, dial rates, pitch time, close rates).
- Effectively communicates the value of TCB’s conferences to senior executives and other executives who are potential attendees.
- Works closely with production, marketing and sponsorship functions to deliver successful events.
- Accurately forecasts and reports activities, call feedback and results to management.
- Aligns TCB conference offerings with needs of the prospective attendee. Is innovative in finding new ways to communicate the value proposition to prospective attendees.
- Provides first-class customer service and communication to attendees and prospects.
- Responsible for collecting payments on own sales pre-event.
- Responsible for working with TCB employees in other geographic regions, as appropriate.
- Executes the call plan and sales approach as determined by management.
- Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
3-4 years of sales experience is preferred. Must possess a bachelor degree and possess the ability to work with, and pitch to, senior level executives. Candidate must have excellent communication, writing and reading skills. Candidate must be able to work on multiple projects and with minimal supervision both independently and be self-driven within a team structure. Conference experience / knowledge is a plus. Must be familiar with Microsoft Word and Email based programs. Candidate must have a pleasant demeanor and a positive attitude to function within a team based environment