The Apollo Program at Kennedy Space Center
13 December, 2011 10:00 AM EST [10:00], 04:00 PM CET [16:00], 03:00 PM GMT [15:00] | (1 hr) | Time Zone Converter
Sign In to Register
Get a chance to watch the recorded version of the October programme and participate in the live Q&A session with Jeff Jackson, Director of Experiential programmes.
Apply the lessons of the race to the moon to your business and professional goals. Live question and answer session. This new program draws on the leadership lessons of the manned space flight effort over the 10-year period of The Apollo Program. Participants delve into leadership practices including, exploring adaptive leadership, and crisis and risk management. The new program takes place at the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Cape Canaveral, Florida, and will also explore managing complex organizations and creating excellence in execution. After participation in the program, your heightened skills will help you:
• Drive innovation to gain global competitive advantage
• Adapt your leadership in rapidly changing environments
• Encourage flexibility in crisis and risk management
• Build workforce capability, increase preparedness, and enhance learning ability
• Strengthen team leadership
Early Space Exploration Center
• Aligning personal and organizational leadership challenges
• Understanding environmental factors affecting strategic decision making
• Aligning leadership strengths to match your strategic environment
• Wernher Von Braun Case Study
• Adaptive Leadership in action
• Overcoming setbacks through ethical leadership
• Leading recovery and creating opportunities from setbacks
• Leaders teaching leaders
Apollo 11 Theater
• When does a leader step up or step back?
Saturn V Rocket and Debus Building
• Tactical crisis management and team leadership
• Successful leaders behaviors in leading teams and organizations through
crisis and stress
• Importance of symbolism in creating organizational culture
• Mission debrief – application of historical lessons to current leadership
Audience: This webcast will be of interest to:
• CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, COOs, CLOs, and Presidents, EVPs, SVPs
• Senior and Managing Directors
• Directors and VPs of Organizational Effectiveness and Development, Marketing,
Operations and Human Resources
The Conference Board is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and /or
refund, please contact our offices at 212 339 0345.
Dick Richardson is a leadership development and organizational effectiveness expert. Most recently he was the Director of Leadership Development for ITT, where he was responsible for all leadership development, including needs analysis, strategy, ... Full Bio
Harv Hartman’s professional experience is highlighted by over 33 years of service with NASA beginning in the Gemini program and continuing into the International Space Station Program. In his last 10 years at NASA, he was the Director ... Full Bio
With over 20 years in operations, marketing and business development, Jeff has used his creativity to develop actionable solutions for clients. Building relationships and creating working teams to tackle important issues, he enjoys nurturing... Full Bio
Julie joined Abbott in 2000 as a HR Manager in Quality for ADD and progressed to the following roles: Lake County Site Operations Manager, Abbott Park and HR Plant Manager in McPherson, KS.
In May 2004, Julie was a part of the Hospira spin... Full Bio