The CEO Challenge in Asia: Implications for Human Capital Professionals
Since 1999, The Conference Board CEO Challenge Survey has asked CEOs, presidents, and chairmen across the globe to identify their most critical challenges. According to the more than 700 top executives who responded to the 2011 edition of the survey, after years of combating the effects of the global recession and, in some cases, fighting for survival, companies are revving their engines for growth. However, while overall CEOs may agree that Business Growth is the most critical challenge they face in the year ahead, in Asia, CEOs cite Talent as their most pressing concern and greatest potential limit on achieving their ambitious growth goals.
This two part Knowledge Series will cover:
- How are CEOs across the globe approaching the challenges of Talent as part of their overall growth strategies?
- What talent strategies are Asia CEOs considering as they address this challenge?
- What are the implications for Human Capital executives in the region as they seek to develop talent, enhance leadership, attract and retain a high quality workforce and plan for unprecedented growth in the coming years?
Please join Dr. Rebecca Ray, the Conference Board’s Vice President and Managing Director, Human Capital and her guests as they explore the results of this global study and the strategic priorities of Human Capital leaders in Asia.
Audience: Executives within corporations in Asia who are responsible for developing and/or implementing the company’s human capital strategies and HR policies will benefit from this webcast. This includes managers in Talent Management, Leadership Development, Engagement, HR, finance, planning and related areas.
PART 1: The CEO Challenge in Asia: Talent, Talent, Talent… view details
26 July, 2011 01:30 PM EST [13:30], 11:30 AM HKT [11:30], 09:00 AM IST [09:00], 11:30 AM SGT [11:30] | (1 hr)
The first session will provide an overview of the results of The Conference Board’s study and how Asia CEOs compare with counterparts globally in their approach to human capital issues.
PART 2: The Strategic Response: Human Capital Leaders Define Priorities… view details
28 July, 2011 01:30 PM EST [13:30], 11:30 AM HKT [11:30], 09:00 AM IST [09:00], 11:30 AM SGT [11:30] | (1 hr)
In the Part 2 of this series, Dr. Ray will lead a conversation with senior practitioners on how they are addressing key challenges including:
- Improving leadership development to develop more talent internally.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the senior leadership team
- Improving leadership succession planning throughout the organization
- Promoting and rewarding entrepreneurship and risk taking
- Raising the level of employee engagement and retention
- Rethinking the organization to encourage leadership from the bottom up.
Gyan Nagpal is a Senior Fellow, Human Capital at The Conference Board. In this role, Gyan supports the Human Capital Practice which includes The Conference Board Human Capital Exchange™, research, conferences, webca... Full Bio
For 25 years, John Philip Singson Orbeta has built a solid career in corporate human resources (HR), HR consulting and managing businesses across geographies. As managing director of Ayala Corporation and member of its senior management comm... Full Bio
Executive Director, Asia-Pacific
Nicholas Sutcliffe is the executive director of The Conference Board for Asia-Pacifi c. He is responsible for the strategic development and growth of The Conference Board operations within the region and also shares responsibility for enhancing th... Full Bio
Rebecca L. Ray, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Human Capital, The Conference Board
Rebecca Ray is senior vice president, human capital at The Conference Board and the leader of the Human Capital Practice. Human capital research at The Conference Board focuses on human capital analytics, labor markets, workforce readiness, strate... Full Bio