Developing Gold Medal Leadership Characteristics Part III
15 April, 2014 09:00 AM EST [09:00], 03:00 PM CET [15:00] | (1 hr) | Time Zone Converter
Sign In to Register
Millions of people around the world have been inspired bythe performance, courage, and determination of elite disabled athletes. How have they achieved so much against all the odds? According to recent research from The Conference Board, today’s business leaders require a clear sense of purpose, trust, collaboration, resilience, and performance edge. So what can business learn from elite disabled athletes? This three-part webcast series explores these leadership characteristics by talking to successful elite disabled athletes to understand what these characteristics mean to them and how they develop them.
PART III: Developing Performance Edge
How do athletes develop a high performance edge and retain it? How important is the equipment and the team infrastructure behind a winning performance? What are the lessons for business?
- The difference between good and brilliant
- Mental application
- Getting the infrastructure right
- Importance of Trust and Collaboration
You might also want to:
1. View the recording of Part I by clicking here
2. View the recording of Part II by clicking here
This program has been approved for HCRI credits.
To request HRCI credits:
- Log into the live webcast session using your full name.
- Request credits via the Q&A pod. Be sure to provide your email address.
- Remain logged in for the duration of the program.
- A completion certificate will be emailed to the address you have provided.
Peter Norfolk OBE
Affectionately known as the Quadfather, Peter made history at the 2004 Athens Paralympic Games when he won Britain’s first ever medals in Wheelchair Tennis – a gold in the Quad Singles and a silver in Quad Doubles, partnered by Mark Ec... Full Bio
David Learmond is a senior advisor and senior fellow in human capital at The Conference Board. In these roles, he supports the human capital practice, which includes Human Capital Exchange™, research, conferences, w... Full Bio