Organizing for Global Competitiveness
Robert J. Kramer
Corporate-headquarters led collaboration among a company's business units is often unsuccessful, and many of the conditions surrounding these initiatives are likely to become more difficult. This research report, part of a series that presents the status of major organization formats, delineates the changing roles of corporate headquarters (CHQ) and provides a framework to help corporate management lead successful integration initiatives.
- The role of corporate headquarters
- Key challenges to CHQ performance
- Role-defining relationships between the CHQ and the business units
- Anticipated patterns of future CHQ role change
- New challenges for CHQ leadership in organizational integration
- the results of a survey on linkage attitudes
- a four-page "executive summary"