Post-Merger Integration: A Human Resources Perspective
Ignoring until too late the barriers of management, culture, people, organization, and systems can doom even a financially attractive merger deal. This report taps the experience of senior human resource officers in 134 merged companies to focus on the achievements, problems, and processes in post-merger integration.
- What are the roles of the CEO and other members of top management?
- Does downsizing lead to improved financial results?
- Who participates in integration planning and who receives feedback?
- What is the impact of cultural differences between buyer and seller?
- Which of these problems tend to be resolved and which defy solution?