The Link Between Corporate Governance and Performance: Year 2000 Update
D. Jeanne Patterson
One of the questions asked most often about current corporate governance activities - and one of the hardest to answer - is how such activities affect the level of corporate perfomance. This report updates an earlier (1998) survey on the link between corporate governance and corporate performance, focusing primarily on performance metrics.
- varied definitions of "good governance"
- varied definitions of "good performance"
- corporate governance measures
- corporate performance measures
- a five-page, updated table of selected studies on corporate governance/performance
- a sample of recent studies or reports that are not quantitative and thus do not fit into the table
- longer summaries for a few of the studies included in the table