Performance Measurement During Merger and Acquisition Integration
Even though studies indicate up to 70 percent of M&A transactions fail to deliver value, companies continue down this external growth path. This report, based on surveys, interviews, and a review of relevant literature, uses company examples to show the contribution of performance measurement to the success of merger or acquisition integration.
- Toward a More Successful Merger and Integration Process
- Choosing and Prioritizing Performance Measures of Integration Synergy
- Guiding the Integration Project Team With Performance Measures
- description of research methodology
- 20 tables and charts
- corporate examples including Cisco Systems, GE Capital, Lucent, Hill-Rom, SC Johnson, DaimlerChrysler, Oracle, Xerox, Eastman Kodak, SBC Communications, BPAmoco, Aegon, Chase Manhattan, Praxair, Texas Instruments, PaineWebber, Science Applications International Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, SmithKline Beecham, Storage Technology, Electrolux, and Deutsche Bank