The Corporate Board: A Growing Role in Strategic Assessment
Ronald E. Berenbeim
Around the globe, corporate boards of directors are increasingly turning their attention to business strategy. This 10-country study of the board's role in strategy deliberations documents external forces that contribute to the board's growing involvement in strategic issues, and examines successful approaches to board participation, additional board resources for strategic assessment, and changes in the board's role that result from privatization.
- Why Setting the Company's Strategic Direction is the Board's Key Task
- Effective Director Participation in Strategic Assessment
- Additional Board Resources for Strategic Assessment
- Strategic Assessment in Boards with a New Shareholder Base
- Message from the president
- Executive summary
- "Limiting Director Liability Exposure in Strategic Matters"