Economy & Business Environment Topics
The Conference Board Economics Watch® United States View
Healthy enough to come off QE life support?
- Sequester spending cuts should slow the economy for remainder of 2013
- However, increasing signs of upside potential to our cautious base case
- Despite headwinds, U.S. economy is the bright star in the global landscape
- Fed’s tapering of quantitative easing hurts developing economies most
- Consumers are once again borrowing, but cautiously and selectively