The Conference Board Human Capital in Review™: Focus on Diversity and Inclusion (Vol. 2, No. 3, 2012)
Sign In to Download
This publication is designed for the busy human capital executive who values selected and thoughtfully summarized article reviews of what is happening in the area of diversity and inclusion.
This edition includes articles on the following topics:
- A growing body of research offers evidence that, around the globe, greater diversity on boards and leadership teams is good for the bottom line.
- When developing the business case on a global level, one author stresses the importance of focusing on national values, political structure, and economic realities in each country.
- Specialized training can help with making white men feel a valued and important piece of the inclusion equation.
- Managing the multigenerational workforce involves pinpointing exactly how members of different generations can work more effectively together. One article looks at how the U.S. government sector facilitates this.
- There are innovative solutions for effectively incorporating greater numbers of people with disabilities in the workforce, and benefits gained by both the individuals and organizations.
- There can be challenges to measuring LGBT in the workplace. Another article looks at how the U.S. government plans to begin to address the issue for their workforce.