The Conference Board Human Capital in Review™: Focus on Strategic Workforce Planning (Vol. 2, No. 3, 2012)
This publication is designed for the busy human capital executive who values selected and thoughtfully summarized article reviews of what is happening in the area of strategic workforce planning.
This particular issue explores the following topics:
- A relatively small number of organizations has a dedicated professional responsible for strategic workforce planning.
- Getting caught up in data analysis of human capital analytics that can mask the true purpose of HCA: the analysis is not the end goal.
- The discussion of contingent workers should focus on more than just the benefits of increased workforce flexibility and the risks of misclassification.
- Mobility should be about more than just providing professional development opportunities to high potentials—talent mobility should be seen as part of the solution to the global talent crunch.
- Managing human capital risk should be a means to minimize strategic business risk.