Workforce Readiness Initiative
This report is a summary of the key issues and action points that emerged from the Workforce Readiness Initiative Stakeholders Strategy Meeting held June 26–27, 2007 in Washington, D.C. The meeting brought together representatives of Fortune 100 companies, public school teachers, community education/service organizations and local and federal government officials to develop strategy and tactics on what business leaders can do to improve workforce readiness through education.
- Agreement on the Big Picture
- What is the Appropriate Role for Business to Improve Workforce Readiness?
- Moving the Needle-Actions with Impact
- What CEOs Can Do
- Additional Lessons Learned
- What Business Wants to Hear
- What Educators Want to See
- Behaviors We Need to Adopt
- The Public/Private Partnership Challenge
- Get Involved Early