Shared Services and CRM
Anna S. Powell
Although cost containment remains one of the primary motivations behind many companies' decision to transfer functions to shared service operations, the need to improve the management of customer relationships is becoming an increasingly important driver for many of the firms participating in a Conference Board survey. Drawing on both survey findings and case studies, this report investigates how organizations are using this new emphasis on both internal and external customers to confront the significant cultural and operational challenges they encounter when implementing new shared service initiatives.
- The Case for Shared Services and CRM
- Cultural and Strategic Challenges
- Structuring the Organization
- Defining the Relationship
- Finding the Right Measures
- What Does Success Look Like
- Next Steps
Features detailed case studies.