Corporate Governance:Global Trends Examined From an Asian Perspective
The shape of corporate governance is clearly changing. This briefing paper, prepared for an annual forum of CEO-level corporate leaders from the Asia-Pacific region, compares initiatives in Asia with those underway in other parts of the world.
- The Evolution of Corporate Governance Codes and the Similarities and Differences Between Them
- Shareholder Activism
- Government Involvement
- Outside Initiatives
- The Influence of International Corporate Governance Codes
- The Impetus and Emphasis of National Corporate Governance Codes
- Board Mission and Responsibility
- Independence of Directors
- Board Committees
- the outlook for corporate governance in Asia
- detailed analysis and comparison of selected governance codes and initiatives
- a five-page "executive summary"