Post-Merger Organization Handbook
Robert J. Kramer
Interviews with senior executives and an examination of leading research on post-merger integration reveal that successful organizational integration requires:
- execution of design fundamentals;
- senior corporate executive leadership;
- a framework of guiding principles;
- a formal merger management structure;
- a careful merger management process; and
- well-planned long-range activities.
Merger profiles from Baxter International, Chase Manhattan, Kraft Foods, and SmithKline Beecham provide examples of what works.