The Conference Board Human Capital in Review™: Focus on Talent Management (Vol. 2, No. 3, 2012)
Sign In to Download
This publication is designed for the busy human capital executive who values selected and thoughtfully summarized article reviews of what is happening in the area of talent management.
This issue focuses on the following topics and explores them in depth:
- The challenges around retention of employees—including star employees, high performers, talented young managers, and young employees. Young employees in particular are significantly more likely to believe there are career opportunities for them outside of their current employer.
- Young employees and talented young managers remain an engagement issue for human capital professionals.
- Common dissatisfaction revolved around lack of training, coaching, mentoring, and support from senior management.
- More senior star employees are also a retention risk, requiring a sophisticated level of assessment of and feedback from the individual executive and a tailored development program.
- Specialized development opportunities engage employees in their jobs and in the organization.