Boomers Are Ready for Nonprofits
But Are Nonprofits Ready for Them?
Projected baby-boomer retirements have already raised concerns in the private and public sectors. This report focuses on the impact these anticipated retirements will have on the stability, growth, and potential of the nonprofit sector in the coming years. Nonprofit organizations can turn challenges into opportunities and tap into other sectors' talent pools — and their own — to recruit experienced leaders, staff, and volunteers.
This report consists of a research brief, exploring both the challenges and opportunities in managing an aging workforce in nonprofit organizations, and a literature review, examining major research conducted over the past five years on key trends and issues concerning the mature workforce in nonprofits.
- Critical Challenges and Opportunities Lie Ahead
- Not All Boomers Want to Retire: Many Expect to Work — Just Not in Their Current Job or Career
- Recruitment and Retention Challenges
- Strategic Ideas and Actions for Nonprofits
- Literature Review: Managing an Aging Workforce in Nonprofit Organizations