Gold Medal Leadership Programme
Inspirational performances in the 2012 Games have transfixed billions of people around the world. To sustain world class performance athletes, coaches and their support teams already have their sights set on Rio 2016. What is needed to enable talented athletes to get to peak performance and sustain it? What learning can leaders take into the world of business?
This ‘next generation’ experiential 3 day programme is designed to provide participants with a memorable and inspiring experience brought to life by personal interaction with athletes, their coaches and their stories to transfer winning performance insights to business
The program takes place on site at the Stoke Mandeville – “Birthplace of the Paralympic Games” in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom.
Participants will stay at Hartwell House which is one of the Stately Homes of England. Its most famous resident was Louis XVIII, exiled King of France, who lived there with is Court for five years. Situated in 90 acres of landscaped parkland, Hartwell House provides a country house setting, adding lustre to every business occasion.
- Establishing leadership behaviours for success
- Aligning personal and organisational purpose
- Building high performance teams
- Earning trust, and keeping it
- Establishing a performance cycle and leading change
- Establishing and implementing coaching principles
- Executive resilience
Why The Gold Medal Leadership Programme?
- Can be customised to address the specific needs and challenges of your organisation
- Incorporates The Conference Board research, reinforcing the connection to today’s business challenges
- Facilitated by experts in sports, strategy, innovation, culture change, coaching, and organisational effectiveness who use ‘the games’ as a metaphor for learning and leadership
- The Conference Board is a leading provider of peer learning and experiential learning programmes and continues to educate executives from global companies to successfully align and lead their organisations
- Onboarding Call: Objectives and Expectations
- Assessment: Self and Competency rating
- 3 Day experiential program
- Identifying your plan: goal setting
- Participates leave with a focused action plan for sustained success in their business area and organisation
- 30 Day call
- Optional Coaching
Athletes and their coaches share insights on winning performance strategie
The Conference Board experts guide participants through the process of identifying leadership behaviours and applying them to today’s changing business landscape
Background of the programme:
Members of The Conference Board are among the most experienced and savvy executives in the world. Their private deliberations in our councils produce rich insights on the most challenging business and societal issues of our time. With their permission, we have channeled their energy and expertise into a platform to voice their views – that platform has resulted in the report Go Where There be Dragons: Leadership Essentials for 2020 and Beyond.
The makings of this report and subsequent leadership programme involved over 100 senior human resources executives from seven of The Conference Board leadership development, learning, talent management, and diversity and inclusion Councils. Meetings were held across three continents to discuss the challenges facing present and future leaders in an increasingly complex, high-speed, and ambiguous world.
The Gold Medal Leadership Experience reflects the discussions, concerns, and conclusions of those Council members, all respected executives in their fields, who are charged with getting the right people in the right seats to ensure the future competitiveness and success of their organisations. It defines the global forces that are redefining the structure of leadership and the essential skills and behaviours that will define an effective 21st century leader.
(Program details subject to final approval.)
For registration and further information, please contact Johan Witters +32 (2) 679 50 60; email@example.com