Senior Meeting Planner
The Senior Meeting Planner is responsible for the planning, management and execution of logistics and operations for assigned TCB meetings which include Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, Research Working Groups, Governance Center programs, Diversity Boot Camps, GEL, Economics Briefings, and Research meetings. They will work with the internal client in determining meeting needs and keeping them informed of the project throughout.
Reports to Director, Meetings and Events. Directs the work of on-site temporary conference personnel at assigned meetings.
Principal Direct Activities
- Conference and Seminar Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: meeting venue site selection, site visits, contract review and negotiation, menu selection, meeting specification details, accommodations for staff and speakers, audio visuals, sign preparation, overseeing registration material preparation, on-site management, auditing and reconciling invoices, payment of vendor bills, and file closeouts.
- Coordinate the needs of Conference and Seminar meeting sponsor(s), which include, but are not limited to: sending informational letter regarding meeting logistics, processing complimentary registrations, responding to inquiries and requests, audio visuals, providing assistance on site.
- The planner will work with the internal client to determine meeting needs. They will present and propose ideas and recommend appropriate vendors based on client’s needs and budget.
- Research facilities and vendors, including hotels, restaurants, audio visual and ground transportation companies as requested. Draft and distribute RFPs as needed. Make recommendations based on client needs and budget.
- Select appropriate vendors for each meeting and negotiate contracts for hotels, restaurants, ground transportation and audio visual.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with meeting suppliers: hotels, restaurants, audio visual, ground transportation and other meeting related vendors.
- Arrange for temporary personnel at assigned meetings when necessary. Instruct them as to their duties and supervise their performance.
- Responsible for the input of hotel information into the STARS database.
- Responsible for cost controls for each assigned project to conform to departmental budgetary objectives.
- Prepare final expense report for each assigned project as it relates to expenses incurred on site.
- Verify the accuracy of all meeting-related invoices and forward to Director for review. Responsible for monthly accruals and re-accruals for each assigned project.
- Assist Director in the preparation of budget expenses for the new fiscal year budget as it relates to expenses for all pertinent site costs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Director or Senior Vice President, Engagement.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Two to three years meeting planning or hotel experience;
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and in applying Internet search processes.
- Ability to deal with senior level executives;
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to travel (25-35%);
- Keeps abreast of new industry trends.
- Flexible, creative and a problem solver.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to negotiate contract terms/conditions;
- Advanced multi-tasking abilities. Ability to work on multiple projects in varying stages of development in the same time frame and with minimal supervision;
- Superior prioritizing and time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Self-starter with high motivation and initiative, and excellent problem-solving skills.