Collections Accountant/ Financial Analyst
Supports the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and the Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis and other team members by performing variance collections, accounting and financial functions.
Ensure the Aging of Accounts receivable stays current by understanding and implementing current collections procedures. Recommend suggestions and shape new policies when appropriate.
Provide support for Financial Planning team by participating in Budgeting, Forecasting, and Monthly General Ledger closing. Understand our financial systems and perform various financial transactions and analyses on a monthly basis.
Reports to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for the analysis of The Conference Board’s Aging Report and follows up with both internal Business Unit Leaders and individual customers via e-mail or phone when necessary.
- Follows up weekly with the Customer Service Department on all Conference Attendee reminders, ensuring all registrations are current, and assisting in contacting customers when necessary.
- Follows up weekly with Councils Product Sales Team on all US Council Membership reminder processes, assisting the team with contacting members when necessary.
- Manages the assignment of new project numbers- Enter new project numbers in Solomon accounting software and Concur Expense system; Runs various reports for distribution to Project Managers.
- Assists Finance Team in monthly close by preparing and entering journal entries in Solomon Accounting System.
- Assists Finance Team in monthly forecasting process by updating Excel spreadsheets for various departments and performing analyses as needed.
- Enters budget changes into Solomon Accounting System.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a finance related area.
- Minimum of 2 years of related business experience (Accounting a plus).
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Excel. Must be comfortable creating and working with multiple spreadsheets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.