The Council Manager is a client-focused position in support of peer-to-peer executive networks. Responsibilities include member engagement and retention, network facilitation, member recruitment, meeting planning and administrative support. Works in conjunction with the Executive Director of Engagement, Program Directors, Meeting Planners, Managers, Products & Services and others.
Principal Direct Activities
- The Council Manager is part of team led by Executive Director of Engagement together with Council and Conference Program Directors. It is the Council Manager’s responsibility to assist and communicate with the team to ensure that best practices are shared in order to deliver the highest value possible to customers.
- Member Engagement and Retention
- Manage communications to current council members and the Engagement team.
- Inform members of new products, services and relevant research .
- Build rapport with members and coordinate logistics at council meetings (travel required).
- Update and facilitate use of interactive members-only websites and forums.
- Encourage engagement between meetings by facilitating surveys, webcasts, etc.
- Manage meeting/member-generated content as needed.
- Answer general inquiries.
- Create new ways to engage our customers and facilitate networks.
- Work with council account managers and others to recruit new prospects.
- Welcome new members to councils through extensive on-boarding efforts.
- Manage member replacements and transitions.
- Coordinate selection of meeting locations, hotels, restaurants, etc. with customers and meeting planners.
- Create and manage budgets for assigned projects.
- Monitor room blocks and guarantees.
- Work with meeting planning staff to contract hotels.
- Communicate room set-up, AV and catering to hotel or host site.
- Track attendance and hotel reservations for meetings.
- Update internal data bases promptly about council and member activities.
- Prepare and compile meeting materials.
- Participate in several internal communities of practices to insure that best practices are shared and implemented; manage at least one.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Ability to understand and execute existing processes
- Proven success in working in a complex environment/matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Significant client-focused business experience
- A proven track record of good business judgment
- At least 2 years related experience
- Be able to travel (30%)