The Conference Board Diversity & Inclusion New Leaders Academy is designed to help new diversity and inclusion leaders develop and roll out effective strategies for their organizations.
Below, you can read about the program design. Please check back regularly for updates.
Over the course of 1 3 day in-person sessions and three or four inter-session webcasts, the Academy will review the key elements of an effective D&I strategy. Participants will hear real-world lessons from current and former D&I leaders that can be applied to their own organizations.
- Putting The Conference Board D&I Competencies to Work: Understanding Where You and Your Team Stand
- Strategy: Understanding D&I in the Organizational Context
- Gender: the Business Case, and How to Achieve Gender-Balanced Leadership
- D&I Metrics: Counting What Works
- Drawing up your Plan of Action, including Who to Work with and What Strategy to Use
- Changing Organizational Culture by Tackling Unconscious Bias
- The Skill of Influencing Leaders
- Integrating D&I into other Functions
- Taking D&I Global: Strategy and Implementation
- Cross-Cultural Competency and Your Global Workforce
- Round table discussion and your next steps
- Webcast 1: How Do You Rate on the Competency Scale?
Description: This session will allow members to acquaint themselves with the competency assessment tool and be prepared to collect their results in time for the first face-to-face session.
- Webcast 2: The Future of Work: Is Your Business Prepared?
Description: This session will allow members to think through and create an action learning strategy.
- Webcast 3: Emerging Trends in D&I:LGBT, Age, Religion, and Social Media
- Webcast 4: TBD