Council of Global Risk Executives
As risk management has become an essential part of corporate leadership over the past five years, are you finding yourself sleeping less at night? Risk executives are required to work across a broad range of issues in global organizations, including both financial exposure management and operational security. Risk leaders now need to coach and train their staff in a comprehensive approach to risk, including the detection and management of emerging risks. Pro-active and strong risk management can be a competitive advantage in all sectors, both providing critical protection of the corporate franchise and enabling strategic growth over time.
This council addresses risk management for firms in all industries who have significant operations in the US. The key theme is managing emerging risk and financial resilience by building and maintaining situational awareness in an environment of rapid and large-scale economic, market, technological, political and competitive changes. We will discuss:
- Macro risk – risk alertness (macro risk management, detection and analyses of emerging risk, reputation and trust, regulatory and legislative change uncertainty, geopolitical risk, digital media)
- Analytical framework – risk anticipation (analytical framework, model risk, bringing it all together)
- Risk governance – risk adaptability (adaptive risk governance, risk culture, decision making practices, communication with stakeholders, internal collaboration, business continuity planning)
The power of peer learning
Enduring relationships with trusted peers are the core of the council experience. Enhanced by our global, enterprise-wide reach, these relationships span the world and extend the value of council membership. Confidential peer dialogue provides you with a broader perspective and shared experiences, as well as access to specific knowledge and best practices.
Council membership benefits
- Collective problem solving that puts your issue on the agenda
- Benchmarking through regular surveys of council members about relevant company practices
- Multifunctional insights generated by the wealth of perspectives gathered from over 100 councils (covering more than 50 functions) that work together across geographies
- Virtual communities that extend learning opportunities through a variety of online forums and other resources
Who should join?
Senior executives responsible for strategic and enterprise risk management activities in their companies