Reinventing the Career Conversation in a Time Starved World
30 September, 2014
The Conference Board Conference Center
New York, NY
30 September, 2014
Join Dr. Beverly Kaye, an internationally recognized authority on development, retention and engagement in the workplace, and her co-author Julie Winkle Giulioni, an award-winning instructional designer, as they share findings from their new book Help Them Grow or Watch Them Go: Career Conversations Employees Want.
This session will bring together a panel of internal HR leaders who will share their perspectives, recommendations, and lessons learned on the effective methods managers can use to support employees’ careers and enhance organizational performance.
- Lisa Rapolas, Director, Leadership Development, JOHNSON & JOHNSON
- Angela Colon Mahoney, Tyco Talent System Leader, Talent Center of Expertise, TYCO
- Lauren Starkand, SVP, Talent & Organizational Development, Global Consumer Banking, CITI
- David A. Pantano, Senior Director, Solutions Delivery, Medical Devices, COVIDIEN
- LaToya D. Ingram, Director, Talent Management & Diversity, JETBLUE
You will walk away with practical tools, implementation suggestions, and a new simplified model that will help you to:
- Understand the perceived barriers faced in holding career discussions
- Gain perspective on alternatives to the career ladder
- Learn and practice an approach to growing in place
- Apply a new focus on the individual development plan
- Follow a model to the career conversation
- Dialogue with internal practitioners about their best practices
8:00 – 9:00 Breakfast and Registration
9:00 -9:15 Welcome/Objectives/Program Goals
9:15-9:30 Business Case: Why Now? Global perspective!
9:30 – 10:00 Key Stakeholder Discussion
10:00 – 10:30 Myths that Immobilize Managers
10:30- 10:45 Refreshment Break
10: 45-11:00 Curiosity: A Crucial Gateway Competency
11:00 – 11:30 Understanding a new Career Conversation Model
11:30 – 12:00 Mobility: Applying the Climbing Wall Metaphor
12:00 – 12:30 Career Cues that Managers Miss
1:30- 2:00 The Individual Development Plan: How to make it a living document
2:00-3:00 Corporate Practitioner Panel Discussion
3:00-3:15 Networking Reception Break
3:15 -4:00 Corporate Practitioner Panel Discussion Continued
This program has been approved for 5.5 (HR (General)) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.