Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management Conference
Moving Beyond Transactional Processes to Harness the Strategic Value of Partnerships
11 - 12 March, 2014
Regents Hall, Lewis Towers at Loyola University Chicago
11 - 12 March, 2014
Follow this conference on Twitter: #tcbsrm | Follow The Conference Board: @conferenceboard
Organizations across the world have some form of supplier management program in place with varying degrees of success. The discrepancies in the results achieved is traditionally due to the fact that the sourcing strategy employed is not truly strategic in nature and tied to the overall business goals of the organization. Often, traditional sourcing practices seek to reduce costs while also trying to leverage suppliers to obtain the greatest value from their engagements through innovation, resources and knowledge. These polarizing goals can create challenges in obtaining the desired results, but when a strategic program is in place, along with an enterprise wide change in the way we view suppliers, vast new opportunities and value can be realized that goes beyond the terms and conditions of the contract.
During the Strategic Sourcing and Supplier Relationship Management Conference leading practitioners from a diverse group of companies will share how they have been able to bridge the gap between competitive cost pressures and the desire to foster collaborative partnerships with suppliers to deliver step changing value creations to the business in a long-term and sustainable way.
Regardless of where your organization may be in the maturity spectrum of strategic sourcing and SRM, this conference is uniquely designed to address the needs of senior executives looking to expand and capitalize on knowledge of trends and best practices in supplier management as well as:
- How to utilize SRM to optimally balance competitive cost pressures with collaborative engagement across the supply base
- Ensure your corporate culture is collaborative and not combative when working with suppliers
- Next steps in supplier evolution to drive the supplier management strategy to the next level of performance/effectiveness
- Performance measurement and metrics to ensure the results desired are the results achieved
- Learn how to create a sustainable platform that will respond to changing business needs and shifts within the company
For speaking and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Mary Beth Reidy at MaryBeth.Reidy@conferenceboard.org.