Dana is an Audit Partner in KPMG’s National office in New York City, NY. She has 17 years of experience performing financial statement audit services and providing technical accounting support to audit engagement teams.
Professional and Industry Experience
Dana currently serves in KPMG’s Department of Professional Practice (the National Office), where her responsibilities include assisting audit engagement teams in the resolution of complex accounting issues, writing interpretive guidance in KPMG publications, and instructing technical accounting topics at training events and webcasts for KPMG professionals and external participants. She also has served as KPMG’s representative on a Center for Audit Quality task force for a proposed auditing standard.
Prior to joining the National Office in 2010, Dana provided professional audit services to publicly-held and multi-national SEC registrants as well as private companies. Her audit experience includes complex accounting and auditing issues such as revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, business combinations, carve-out audits, and has been involved in IPOs and other SEC transactions.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Dana has co-authored several KPMG Defining Issues articles, as well as been a contributing author on KPMG comment letters and publications on revenue recognition and other accounting and auditing matters.
- Dana is a frequent speaker at accounting update presentations for KPMG clients and other external organizations.
- Dana serves as co-chair for KPMG’s Abilities in Motion (“AIM”) Network, recognized externally by the Wall Street Journal on July 22, 2008 and August 26, 2008, and has spoken nationally at disability events such as the U.S. Business Leadership Network Annual Conference, the Diversity Best Practices Global Symposium, the ILO Global Business and Disability Network and the Multicultural Forum on Workplace Diversity.
- Dana serves as representative on KPMG’s Diversity Advisory Board.
- Board Member, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2011 to current
- Board Member, National Multiple Sclerosis Society New York City Chapter, 2012 to current
- Treasurer and Board Member, National Multiple Sclerosis Society Nebraska Chapter through 2009.
- Secretary and Board member, Special Olympics Nebraska through 2010
- 2007 KPMG Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Volunteerism
- Leadership Omaha, Class 31 graduate
- Midlands Business Journal, 2009 “40 Under 40” honoree
- San Diego YWCA Tribute to Women in Industry (“TWIN”) Honoree - 2002