The Marketing Manager is responsible for designing, planning and implementing marketing programs for all TCB conferences, seminars and webcasts. The Marketing manager is responsible for coordinating and executing all direct marketing activities TCB-wide including direct mail, email, social media, web telesales (audience development), and any new marketing initiatives.
Demonstrating a balance between analytical skill and creative thinking, the Marketing manager needs to be meticulously organized, an outstanding communicator and one who can operate at a senior level with minimal management and oversight. In addition to driving registrations, the Marketing manager is also tasked with providing TCB product sales teams with qualified sales leads from marketing efforts.
Position reports to Executive Director, Direct Marketing. Works closely with Marketing Team Lead and works alongside other Marketing managers and the Audience Development Manager.
Principal Direct Activities
- Design, plan and implement all direct marketing programs for all TCB’s products.
- Create, schedule and manage all product email marketing pieces.
- Engage our customers and members throughout the lifecycle of the marketing plan by utilizing tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter and other engagement platforms.
- For all marketing activities, consistently create plans that speak to the features and benefits of the product being promoted by tailoring unique and compelling messages targeted at specific segments of the prospect pool.
- Use advanced Excel techniques to analyze campaign performance and incorporate data and results into future plans.
- Implement an SEO strategy for our website to ensure our programs are consistently appearing in the top 10 results for major search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo).
- Utilize social media channels to promote TCBs conferences and seminars. This will create buzz around the conference, driving registrations and driving qualified warm leads for audience development.
- Utilize CPC (cost per click) advertising to boost conference search results when organic SEO is poor.
- Work closely with the communications department to ensure each applicable TCB product receives mentions in the press, particularly if there is a notable speaker or aspect of the product.
- Strategically direct list build and other data acquisition activities and continuously track effectiveness. Locate patterns in data and use to source prospects. Use data to segment messages. Specify and direct long term data build strategies.
- Work closely with Executive Directors of Engagement and Program Directors, developing marketing plans and budgets, and implementing plans. Measure, analyze and report on results to determine ROI and identify opportunities.
- Create unique and effective brochures, websites and persuasive marketing collateral that clearly articulates the features and benefits of the product being promoted. Create and coordinate all merge, letter shop and print instructions, following up with appropriate vendors.
- Work with senior level marketing team to continuously test new ideas in all channels while meticulously analyzing the results of these tests to constantly improve our processes.
- Source, select, and maintain all in-house and outside mailing lists for TCB’s marketing programs including:
- Selecting all specifics regarding segmentation variables, and recommending appropriate selections;
- Serving as TCB interface with list brokers; managing all list ordering.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA is a +.
- A minimum of 3 years of direct marketing experience, preferably in a database driven business-to business environment.
- A high proficiency in Excel is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of direct marketing techniques and best practices.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, CPC advertising, and in-bound marketing techniques.
- This position requires interaction with the in-house marketing department, other departments and outside vendors.
- The qualified individual should be very detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ideal candidate will be creative, process oriented, analytical, curious, deadline oriented, profit oriented, able to multi-task, client facing, and budget-concious.