Research Assistant, Economics
The Research Assistant will be engaged in a variety of research projects in Economics on Growth, Productivity and Competitiveness and International Labor Markets.
Reports to the Director, Business Cycles and Growth Research. Also receives directions, on a day-to-day basis from the Senior Economist, Productivity and Competitiveness. As required, assistant may receive day-to-day work assignments from other staff members in the economics department as well as in the European office.
Principal Direct Activities:
- Supports the organization, maintenance, and development of The Conference Board Total Economy DatabaseTM and The Conference Board Global Economic OutlookTM, as well as related databases. Monitors quality of data used in the program, as well as efficient use. Develops a familiarity with various international and country data sources, understanding of data limitations.
- Collects, processes, and analyzes data using official statistics from national accounts, labor force and employment statistics, production statistics, etc. Corresponds in English or in a foreign language with officials from foreign statistical offices and other data-producing institutions to obtain data and metadata needed for comparisons.
- Analyzes country data using tabular and graphical tools to identify relationships among indicators and countries. Develops and maintains charts and interactive dashboards that highlight key trends on growth, productivity and competitiveness.
- Supports the Senior Economist, Growth, Productivity and Competitiveness, in research projects related to the Growth, Productivity and Competitiveness Program as well as the International Labor Comparisons program, and the Global Labor Market Database. Keeps well informed on current developments and underlying economic conditions related to the subject areas and countries of assignment.
- Supports the production and release of various deliverables, in a timely manner (meeting all deadlines etc.) including webcasts, notes and reports and briefings, on The Conference Board’s Growth, Productivity and Competitiveness Program and Labor Markets, including research related to the economic aspects of the NEUJOBS projects and other external projects.
- Tabulates data and performs basic statistical and logical analyses of research results.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at university level that includes a specialization in economics.
- The position is heavily focused on data analysis. Experience in economics data and analysis is therefore essential. Candidate should be detail-oriented; a responsible independent worker who has the ability to effectively work on many projects simultaneously and meticulously meets deadlines.
- Working experience with Excel is required. Programming skills and experience with statistical software (Stata, SAS, Eviews, etc.) is preferred.
- Good writing and communication skills
Please consult www.conference-board.org for more information on the company.
Please submit your application by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, HR Manager.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.