Manager of Sponsorship Sales
Responsible for selling, managing, coordinating and facilitating sponsorship for all of The Conference Board’s conferences. This includes referring opportunities for sponsorship to all regions and knowledge areas of the organization.
Reports to Senior Vice President Engagement
Principal Direct Activities
- Responsible for annual growth of sponsorship revenue. Current budget is $3.7 M Conferences
- Creates Annual plan and supporting budget for Sponsorship and prepares monthly reporting on financial status. Communicates and tracks budgeted goals.
- Determines Pricing Structures for offerings
- With Program Directors, Senior Vice President, Engagement, Executive Directors of Engagement, ascertains sponsorship needs and creates a strategy for seeking sponsorship.
- Personally develops and maintains good working relationships with key sponsor accounts and develops new prospects.
- Gathers and tracks intelligence on competitive offerings to maintain competitive advantage.
- Seeks out opportunities for expansion and growth.
- When appropriate develops and assists in the creation of Sponsorship Proposals for meetings, research and combined packages.
- Assists Program Directors and others throughout The Conference Board in sponsor sales. Involved in negotiations as necessary. Sells sponsorships independently when appropriate.
- Coordinates with Directors of Associate Service, other departments and regions of world for cross selling opportunities
- Recruits sponsor sales team, develops, trains and assigns conferences/prospects.
- Attends Conference Board events to engage sponsors, and solicit new sponsors.
- Establishes and coordinates administrative processes for sponsor contracts, invoices/billing and accounts receivables. Maintains Master list of sponsor commitments, activities and contacts.
- Performs additional duties as delegated by Senior Vice President, Products & Services.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of business-to-business sales experience
- 5 or more years experience in corporations and/or consulting
- Strong knowledge of business issues
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas