Business Development Associate, Leadership & Experiential Programs
The Business Development Associate, Leadership & Experiential Programs is an integral part of the Leadership and Experiential Programs sales team. Their activities will have direct and indirect impact on increasing revenue through both sales of Open Enrollment registrations, prospecting and sales development. This requires the employee to work effectively with multiple sales personnel under the direction of the Manager, Leadership & Experiential Programs (MLEP). This position will work with the Executive Director, Leadership & Experiential Programs (ED) and the Program Manager, Leadership & Experiential Programs (PMLEP) and other LEP staff to implement their business development strategy to ensure customer satisfaction and increase revenue from new and existing clients. This requires frequent telephone and email communication with member executives. This position also works with the MLEP to support new Program sales to companies and is directly responsible for sales of individuals and team registrations for Open Enrollment Programs.
The Business Development Associate reports to the Manager of Experiential Programs with oversight by the Executive Director, Leadership & Experiential Programs.
Principal Direct Activities
Sales and Client Engagement (50% of time)
- Complete sales process from identifying prospects, making calls and contacts, pitch and close sales for Open Enrollment programs.
- Implements a variety of approaches to member engagement, including online outreach through social media platforms, to increase customer participation in TCB Leadership & Experiential programs
- Communicates on-going and new business development opportunities within the organization to allow for a higher level of cross-company collaboration
- Supports the department’s efforts to increase its client “personalized touches” through post-program follow-up calls, personal thank-you notes
- Develop customer stories into formalized testimonials and case-studies
Prospecting (50% of time)
- Developing Lists of Target Prospects: researching companies, categories, industries and key executives to create targeted prospect lists. These prospect lists fall into two broad categories
- Open Enrollment Prospects – which will serve as the personal call list for the incumbent
- Human Resources/Talent Management Prospects – which will drive sales for company team sales
- Prepare call notes about sales calls with new prospects with information about the prospect and prospect company to be shared with the broader sales team, including the following information:
- Bio of contact, history of their TCB interaction
- Company’s membership history
- Major events about the company in the news that may signify an area of need for our programs (i.e., merger, acquisition, new leadership)
- Call clients to set up meetings for ED & MLEP(s) and follow up with clients and prospective clients at the direction of the sales team either by direct phone to client, to client’s executive assistant, or via email
- Maintain internally developed marketing tools (PPTs, Proposal templates) ensuring accuracy, alignment with information in official marketing documents
- Assists in tracking sales metrics and monthly reporting under direction of the MLEP; Inputs client opportunity information and progress information into STARS for ED, MLEP and communicates info to appropriate DAS’ staff on an as needed basis
- Assist ED with general calendar needs and other departmental tasks as assigned by MLEP
Desired Qualification and Requirements
The ideal candidate will be:
- VERY organized. Pay strong attention to details and be able to track multiple projects.
- Very well versed in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experienced in customer service conversations and solution-oriented sales conversations
- Proactive, taking initiative and thinking strategically and tactically about their work within the framework of the department and organizational goals
- Interested in becoming a full-time sales person
- Able to take direction, coaching and feedback, to respond appropriately and to improve based on feedback
- An excellent business communicator (verbal and written); able to talk comfortably with high-level executives in a friendly, cheerful and professional manner
- Able to exercise good judgment particularly regarding identification of strategic sales opportunities
- A team player with a customer service mentality
Any applicant must:
- Have earned at least an undergraduate degree, business or marketing focus preferred
- Have at least one (1) year of prior work experience is required. An additional 1+ years of sales experience is preferred.
- Be able to learn various technologies quickly and have confidence to be able to set up complex meetings using multiple platforms simultaneously
- Have familiarity with CRM systems and Hoovers, Capital IQ, Datamonitor
Required – Please submit resume and cover letter, explaining how your experience relates to the job responsibilities.