Manager, Executive Relations
Manage all administrative and operational activities of the Executive Relations department inclusive of Senior Executive Engagement responsibilities (Trustee recruitment, Voting Member recruitment, Global Counsellor recruitment and management, executive visits, and any special opportunities) and the Global Executive Leadership (GEL) program.
Manger reports directly to the vice president of executive relations. At the direction of the vice president, may take assignments from other senior staff.
Principal Direct Activities
- Identify, communicate, and provide network opportunities with senior executives to engage and ultimately raise the awareness of The Conference Board.
- Create and implement cultivation strategies to meet and /or exceed overall revenue targets of approximately $250,000 for each GEL cohort.
- With vice president, senior management, partners, facilitators and special program advisors, collaborate on agendas and produce final programs for special opportunity events and GEL sessions. Coordinates with TCB logistics shared service team on all program logistics.
- Implement and execute integrated marketing plans, including: creation and distribution of marketing materials; maintain web presence; develop and maintain databases; and assist with competitive analyses. Coordinate with TCB PR, marketing, and broadcast studio teams to promote special activities, research products, and thought leadership.
- Work with vice president to manage existing relationships with Voting Members, Global Counsellors, Trustees and GEL (prospects, participants, and alumni). Communicate information about upcoming programs, research and special opportunities to appropriate communities.
- Maintain department accounting records, prepare forecasts and budgets, maintain electronic and other files and records, purchase and manage supplies. Maintain STARS, financial databases, and necessary monthly meetings with management.
- Position TCB senior management, researchers, and DAS/RD team members to cultivate relationships.
- Provide information on department programs to interested parties, including media, Conference Board member companies, DAS and other in-house information specialists and researchers.
- Act as liaison with customer service, finance, marketing and editorial / publishing departments on processing of department products, agendas and activities.
- Process contracts, payments and expense reimbursements for contractors involved in marketing and sales, facilitation, CEO mentors, research, webcasts, Center and other programs and activities.
- Interface with Office of the CEO, chief economist, and general counsel/corporate secretary to ensure the smooth and timely functioning of joint projects, programs and activities.
- Develop project-specific and general support proposals/applications/solicitations from corporate, endowment, government and individual prospects. Act as primary support for fundraising and development campaigns.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Candidate must be poised, confident, articulate, AND highly organized, and experienced in cultivating business relationships with senior executives and their teams.
- Ideal candidate should be a quick learner with a demand for excellence and growth, comfortable working on tight deadlines, and function independently, as well as with various teams.
- Candidate should have excellent project management skills and ability to adjust nimbly to changing circumstances. Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Candidate should have prior experience creating and executing integrated PR and/or marketing campaigns directed globally to senior executives. Experience in social media is a positive.
- Excellent business and promotional writing, verbal communication and analytical skills, and thorough knowledge of MSOffice Suite programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Docs. Should have high comfort with technology and capable of operating in a virtual environment (LYNC, video conferencing, etc.).
- Experience in similar position is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable working in an international environment, and thorough understanding of cultural sensitivities around the globe with individuals at varying levels of authority.
- Master’s degree a plus.