Research Assistant, Human Capital
The Research Assistant will provide statistical, research, analytical and graphical support to the Human Capital Program. Candidate will work closely with Research Director and Research staff as an integral part of the Human Capital team in order to ensure the successful completion of business research projects and specific deliverables.
Reports to the Research Manager or other research staff, Human Capital. As required, candidate may receive day-to-day work assignments from other members of the Human Capital staff.
Principal Direct Activities
- Provide research support in all phases of the Human Capital Program.
- Implement major global surveys including assistance in the development of questionnaires, code, format, construction and verification of sampling plans, process responses, contact of survey participants, and other data collection activities.
- Use statistical software package, such as SPSS, to perform statistical analysis of research data, prepare syntax for surveys, input detailed survey information, and interpret data collected through surveys. Ability to master and use advanced statistical packages is essential.
- Assist with report generation including editing, proofing, creating charts and tables depicting the collected data, and distribution.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations based on research findings for executive briefings and meetings.
- Conduct literature reviews and write research reports individually and in collaboration with others. Ability to write clearly and effectively on human capital topics is critical.
- Contribute to the overall Human Capital Program through support of additional projects undertaken by the Research Director, Managing Director, and others; participate in seminars and workshops; and interact with other members of the research staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
Candidate should be detail-oriented; a responsible independent worker who has the ability to effectively work on many projects simultaneously and meticulously meets deadlines. This position requires a self starter who is dedicated and willing to take initiatives. The candidate must be mature and poised, as this position requires interaction with corporate executives who are members of TCB as well as senior staff of TCB.
Bachelors Degree in Economics, Business Management, Psychology, Industrial Psychology, Human Resources or social sciences preferred with strong academic performance and experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of a statistical software package, such as SPSS, and experience with survey design and analysis are preferred. Masters degree with experience in human capital topics, statistics, preparing and giving presentations is a plus.