Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for all accounts payable transactions, subject to overview by the Manager, Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable. A strong accounting background is required as this position is a critical component of the monthly closing process.
Reports to the Manager, Accounts Receivable/Accounts
Principal Direct Activities
- Reviews all submitted invoices for proper documentation and approval by authorized signatory, then batches and enters invoices in Accounts Payable system.
- Does check-run twice a week and prepares manual check when necessary.
- Maintains and updates the vendor listing as well as the Master Contractors’ File.
- Works with the supervisor during the month-end closing and processes monthly accruals and amortizations. Works closely with various departments in gathering, organizing and analyzing monthly accruals.
- Monitors the daily bank transactions report generated by the Controller against any fraudulent charges in our bank accounts. Likewise, prepares the daily cash status for the Controller & Assistant Treasurer.
- Enters daily wire and ACH payments. Works with bank representative to handle problems or issues as they arise.
- Reconciles the Miscellaneous Bank Account, Hotel Deposit Account, Prepaid Account and Transfer Account to General Ledger monthly.
- Prepares monthly vouchers for Asia employees’ salaries.
- Answers queries within and outside of the Department as well as from clientele.
- Processes India activity for the monthly closing.
- Serves as back-up for Accounts Receivable when necessary.
- Works with Controller to analyze and resolve monthly variances, as well as other projects as they arise.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or & equivalent years of experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Outlook, and MS Word
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Solomon software or similar accounting software.
- Self starter with proven ability to identify issues, problem solve, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong communication skills are a necessity as this position interfaces with internal and external customers on a daily basis.