Assistant Council Manager (Brussels)
The Assistant Council Manager is responsible for relationship management and membership retention of senior executives in assigned Councils. The Assistant Council Manager acts as the primary contact for Council members, responsible for the A-Z of post- and pre-meeting logistics, including administration of assigned Councils. A key player in connecting Council Members with the knowledge developed and created by The Conference Board and other sources.
The Assistant Council Manager reports to the Director of Councils, Europe and works closely with the Senior Council Membership Manager, (Assistant) Council Membership Managers, Researchers, Council Directors, Regional Account Managers, Development team and Finance Team.
Principal Direct Activities:
- Manages the day-to-day operation of assigned Councils including frequent member contact and updates, website usage, survey development and expense/budget control.
- Maintains up-to-date records of membership, attendance, speakers, Council marketing sheets, promotional letters, meeting summaries and meeting evaluations for assigned Councils.
- Updates CRM system regularly (Stars, AgendaMaker, files on server, Council website etc).
- Liaises with speakers to prepare necessary meeting material.
- Manages the A-Z of meeting logistics and membership administration.
- Maintains regular contact with members of assigned Council(s) through verbal and written communication. Corresponds with them concerning membership, program agendas, research updates and meeting administration. Alerts the Director of Councils, Europe of any issues that are highlighted through these communications.
- Attends all or selected Council meetings to represent TCB, build rapport with members, ensure meeting quality and capture the leading edge ideas generated in Council meetings.
- On boards new Council Members.
- Coordinates in-between meeting initiatives such as virtual meetings, surveys or conference calls.
- Works closely with Council Directors and the Director of Councils, Europe on membership retention and development initiatives.
- Works on specific projects and meeting assignments as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Work experience that includes 2+ year experience in a corporate business environment and an understanding of company’s corporate structure, the ability to efficiently and professionally organize and plan small exclusive meetings and business networking conferences;
- Customer relationship management (ideally with C-level executives);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with senior executives;
- Fluent English, additional European languages a plus;
- Organized and detail oriented work style; ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Customer-focused approach and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and knowledge of database management;
- Self-motivation with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Dynamic, initiative-taking and result-focused;
- Effective team collaboration skills;
- Affinity towards our company mission and interest in, and understanding of our knowledge areas;
- Ability to travel frequently.
Please consult www.conference-board.org for more information on the company.
Please submit your application by email only, in English, with Curriculum Vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com, Administrative Manager, Human Resources.
Deadline for applications is December 21, 2012.
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.