Director, Business Membership Services US Development
Being a well-educated, entrepreneurial, articulate and consultative sales professional, The Director, Business Membership Services, New Business Development, cultivates F500 equivalent companies to become members of The Conference Board and is responsible for closing new membership sales.
Success in the position requires the Director to possess integrity and openness as well as the ability to discuss global business issues, the stature and presence to engage meaningfully with C Suite executives, the ability to synthesize and articulate to prospects the value proposition of membership in The Conference Board, and the ability to sell to executives in all key functions, including Strategic Planning, Human Resources, Governance, Sustainability, Communications, Public Affairs, as well as CEOs, Presidents and divisional executives in prospective member organizations.
Reports to the Senior Director, Business Membership Services. Partners with Director, Member Development, to ensure smooth transition and on-boarding after new membership sale is completed.
- Responsible for management of the overall TCB
relationship with prospective members within assigned territory. Is accountable for developing relationships to ensure annual new membership revenue growth of $300,000 in recurring annual membership fees.
- Aligns services of TCB with needs of the prospective member. Is innovative in finding new ways to communicate the value proposition to prospective members.
- Primary relationship manager with prospective members and leads involvement with TCB colleagues to present a comprehensive value proposition.
- Collaborates with colleagues to insure the insights, perspectives, and services of TCB are relevant to the needs of members.
- Responsible for working with counterparts in other geographic regions, as appropriate, on the sale of new memberships, including global memberships and multi-regional memberships, with a priority focus on F500 equivalent organizations.
- Effectively uses business development skills to identify opportunities for participation in TCB by executives throughout the organization, through use of TCB programs and knowledge, including peer networks, leadership development and research. Knowledge of the entire portfolio of TCB services including councils, working groups, centers, experiential programs, speakerships, conferences, webcasts, sponsorships and research.
- Develops membership revenue targets based on account plans and designs and implements plans to achieve those targets.
- Projects knowledge, energy and enthusiasm about TCB’s programs and services. Helps senior executives apply TCB products and services to specific business situations in their company.
- Effectively communicates the value of TCB’s program to senior executives and other executives who are potential users of members services.
- Ensures that CEOs and other C-Suite executives of prospective members are aware of opportunities to benefit from participation in TCB programs.
- Ensures that the sales contacts are effective and appropriate for facilitating the member company’s involvement with TCB. Concurrently, develops additional meaningful relationships with potential advocates within the company.
- Provides feedback and input from members on the relevance, quality, value and timeliness of TCB products and services. Provides input to the Knowledge and Delivery teams on issues of importance to members “Voice of the Customer”.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
Possessing minimum of 10 years sales or new business development, the incumbent is highly capable in communication and analytical skills and capable of working effectively both individually and collaboratively as needed in order to accomplish objectives. The incumbent is comfortable and effective before a variety of audiences, including very senior executives, in order to engage in conversations around the multifaceted and complex offerings of TCB. The incumbent is further able to effectively manage a territory and sell new memberships while also participating, as needed, in internal projects and meeting other position requirements. Must possess a bachelor degree, advanced degree desired.