Researcher, Corporate Leadership
Conducts one or more research projects developed within The Conference Board’s Corporate Leadership program, focusing on issues of corporate governance and risk management. Presents research findings to business audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board. Provides information services to The Conference Board’s staff and assists the Managing Director in responding to external inquiries from members, clients, and media.
Reports to Managing Director of Corporate Leadership. May take assignments from other senior research professionals.
- Conducts multiple research projects developed within The Conference Board’s Corporate Leadership program, focusing on issues corporate governance and risk management. Assumes direct responsibility for each phase of the project (design, execution, and writing).
- Conducts literature searches, data-gathering activities (e.g. interviews, focus groups and survey instruments), and data analysis, using appropriate quantitative or qualitative techniques. Draws objective findings and conclusions within the limits of the research design.
- Supports the Managing Director or other project leaders in the presentation of research findings to business and academic audiences, and acts as an interface in the area of expertise with members of The Conference Board.
- Collaborates with the editorial and production department in the timely production of research manuscripts, and gains necessary clearances.
- Supports the Managing Director or project leader as well as the communications department in designing and executing communication plans for research projects in development.
- Provides information services to media outlets, members of The Conference Board and Information Specialists, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualification and Requirements
Prospective candidates should demonstrate extensive exposure to corporate governance and risk management issues. Applications will not be considered unless such expertise is fully documented.
In addition, the position requires strong analytical, writing, and editorial skills as well as the ability to interact effectively with business leaders, academics, and senior professionals. Presentation skills and public speaking experience is also desirable.
A graduate degree in law, finance, or business administration is preferred but not required.
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 writing samples discussing corporate governance issues, in order to be considered.